What you will need
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver's seat. Set the parking brake so that the vehicle does not roll away when you get it out of Park.
- Locate the cover of the gear release button on the upper left side of the gear shifter just above the park symbol and pop the lid out using a screwdriver or pick tool.
- Insert the screwdriver or the key into the gear release button.
- Push the screwdriver or key to release the gear.
- Move the gear shifter to neutral while pushing the gear release button.
Once the vehicle is out of Park and in Neutral, Reverse, or Drive, it can roll. Keep depressing the brake pedal or the vehicle may roll away and cause an accident.