- Insert key in the ignition. Press start without pressing the brake pedal. Do not start the engine.
- Wait a few seconds for any messages, including the oil service reminder, to disappear.
- Immediately after the service light goes out, press and hold the odometer (ODO) reset button. After five seconds, you will see the oil or brake symbol on the center of the dashboard.
- RESET or use the stalk on the left of the steering column (CHECK / BC) buttons to scroll to throw the service items. Stop once you see the oil symbol.
- Once the oil symbol displays on the dashboard, press and hold the ODO reset button for another 5 seconds.
- A message on the dashboard will say RESET?
- Release, then press and hold the ODO RESET button again.
The oil symbol and service vehicle symbol will change from RED to Orange once the reset is completed successfully.
Reset BMW Oil Light using a Scanner
An alternative method to reset the BMW oil light is to use a BMW Scanner that is capable of performing CBS Reset. The video above shows how to reset the BMW oil light using Foxwell BMW Diagnostic Scanner.