If the fuse is not blown or it keeps blowing frequently, it may be time to replace the wiper motor.
- The rear windshield wiper does not work
- The rear wiper fuse keeps blowing
- Volvo back wiper won't turn on
- Lift the plastic cover to expose the 13mm nut that secures the rear wiper arm. Remove the 13mm nut. Pull the wiper arm away from the shaft. Wiggle the wiper arm slightly to get it loose and remove it. Don't use excessive force.
- Next, you will need to remove the plastic panel behind the liftgate to expose the wiper motor. Use a flathead screwdriver to pry out the door handle on the back of the liftgate. This will expose the T-25 screws that you need to remove. Pry out the interior light as well. Next, pry out the plastic panel with an interior trim removal tool. You can also use a flat head screwdriver but be careful not to scratch the panel or liftgate.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the rear wiper motor. Press on the connector, then pull.
- Disconnect the washer fluid line from the rear wiper motor assembly.
- Remove all the 10mm bolts that hold the rear wiper assembly secured to the liftgate.
- Remove the rear wiper motor and install in reverse order.
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace the rear wiper motor on Volvo vehicles such as XC90, XC70, XC60, C30, V70, V40, etc.