This video shows how to reset check engine light on Mitsubishi Lancer, Outlander, Galant, Mirage, Montero, Pajero, Raider and any other model from 1996 to present.
For this procedure, you will need an OBD2 scanner.
You should only reset Mitsibushi check engine light after fixing the problem that triggered the light. If the problem is not fixed your Mitsubishi service engine light will come back on.
For help with troubleshooting Mitsubishi check engine light and service engine light follow this guide.
- Locate the OBD2 port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition but do not start the engine.
- Allow your OBD2 scanner to turn on then press enter or OK.
- Scroll down to select Read Fault Codes. Write down the codes that show on the LCD.
- Go back and select Clear Fault Codes. Press enter to clear the codes.