2008-2017 Mitsubishi Lancer Battery Replacement DIY
In this article, you will learn how to change the battery in a Mitsubishi Lancer. Replacing the battery on a Mitsubishi Lancer is very easy and can be completed in less than 30 minutes.
What you will need
- Group Size 35 Battery
- Minimum Cold Cranking Amps 520
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard to open the hood.
- Remove the engine air inlet pipe on top of the battery. First, you need to remove two small plastic retainers.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. First loosen the 10mm nut then pull up on the cable.
- Remove the red plastic cover from the top of the battery. Loosen the 10mm nut on the positive battery terminal. Disconnect the positive terminal.
- Loosen the 10mm nut on the top bracket. Then pull the braket bolt down and away from the battery.
- Remove the battery from the battery tray. Place the new battery in the car.
- Install the top brakcet. Don't over tighten the bracket bols or you risk cracking the battery case.
- Clean battery posts and terminals with a battery wire brush.
- Connect the positive battery terminal first. Ensure the cable doesn't move.
- Connect the negative battery last.
- Spray battery protector on the battery posts.
- Connect the engine air intake hose.