Foxwell NT510 BMW Battery Registration
In this video, you will learn how to use Foxwell scanner to perform BMW battery registration and coding. The scanner that we are using is Foxwell NT510, but it has the BMW software loaded on the memory.
What we used: Foxwell for BMW NT510
Instructions on how to register new BMW battery
- Plug your BMW scan tool into the OBD2 port under the dashboard. In this case, we are using Foxwell for BMW, but you can use some other scan tools for BMW.
- Turn ignition on, the key to position II. Do not start your car.
- Select BMW. Scan for VIN. It will automatically look up the VIN number. Once VIN is found press OK.
- Scroll down to the Body menu 4.
- Scroll down to Power Supply (Battery) and press Enter.
- Select option 2 for Battery registration.
- In the next screen, you can perform the following.
- Register new battery. Battery replacement is the same as the original.
- Change battery capacity to higher or lower.
- Change battery type between AGM and a lead-acid battery.
- Some users are experiencing difficulty coding a new battery with Foxwell NT510. Update your Foxwell scanner online to the latest software version.
- Do not unplug the scanner during the battery registration process
- Do not turn off the ignition during the battery programming.
- You don't need to run option 2 and 3 if your replacement battery has the same specs as the old battery. Just new battery registration is all you need to complete.