This video shows you how to read and clear Infiniti check engine soon light using an OBD2 scanner. You can also check if your Infiniti is ready for emission test.
How to read Infiniti codes
- Plug your OBD2 scanner into the diagnostic port under the dashboard. Driver's side.
- Turn on the ignition. Don't start the engine.
- Turn on your OBD2 scanner and press Enter to communicate with the On Board Diagnostic system.
- Scroll down to Read Codes
- Press Enter
- Scroll to see all the stored codes. Make sure to read all codes including Current, Pending, and Permanent.
Infiniti Check Engine Reset
Only reset Infiniti check engine soon light after problem that triggered the light has been
- Fix the problem.
- Connect your scanner to the OBD2 port.
- Turn on ignition.
- Turn on the scanner and let it communicate with the car.
- Scroll down to Clear Codes.
- Press enter.
Determine if Infiniti is ready for State Emission Test
- Connect your OBD2 scanner to the diagnostic port.
- Turn on the ignition.
- Allow the scanner to communicate with the car.
- Scroll to I/M Readiness menu.
- Verify all systems are Read, OK or have a check mark. Don't worry about the systems that are Not Applicable (N/A).
If you have more than one system Not Ready you won't be able to pass the smog test. Even if there are no fault codes. Continue driving your Infiniti for a few more days until all the system are ready.
For more help, see our guide on Troubleshooting Infiniti Check Engine Soon Light.