This video shows you how to read and clear check engine light on Toyota vehicles. These instructions work on 1996 and newer Toyotas including Camry, Corolla, 4Runner, Sienna, Avalon, Crown, Mirai, Vios, Agya, Abris, Etios, Yaris, 86, Supra, Alphard, Avanza, Calya, Innova, Highlander, Land Cruiser, etc.
- Locate the OBD-II port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition but don't start the engine.
- Allow for your scanner to turn on and communicate with your car.
- Select Check / OBD-II from the main menu.
- Scroll down and select Read Codes
- Write down all the codes.
To clear the codes, first, fix the issue. Next, reconnect the canner and select Erase Codes from the main menu.