Your Jetta park light bulbs might fail because of their age or manufacturing defects. To replace your Jetta's park light bulbs, follow our instructions below.
Common symptoms of a faulty Jetta park light bulb are the dimming of the park lights or the park light does not illuminate when turned on.
The front parking light is located under the front headlight bulb, adjacent to the turn signal light.
- To access the parking bulb, you have to open the hood first; for instructions on opening the hood, please see the section "How to open a Volkswagen Jetta Hood."
- Once the hood is open, view the back of the headlight assembly; there would be two headlight covers. Open the one nearest to the fender; to open the cover, hold the cover with your hand, turn it counterclockwise until it clicks, and then pull it out.
- This cover houses multiple sockets like the headlight, turn signal, and parking light. To access the parking light, insert your hand inside the headlight assembly, reach for the bottom socket, mark the socket and the housing with a bright pen, turn the socket counterclockwise, then pull out the socket.
- Pull the bulb out of the socket; To remove the bulb, you must push it in and turn it counterclockwise.
- Prepare the new parking light bulb.
- Install the parking light bulb into the socket by pushing it in and turning it counterclockwise; Please note that if you want to replace the bulb with an LED, use an LED bulb with an internal or the ECU would throw an electrical error.
- Install the park light socket back into the headlight assembly; match the mark on the housing with the mark you previously made on the socket; you may also want to monitor your progress from the front side of the headlight assembly while installing it. Once you verified the position is correct, lock the socket by pressing it in and turning it clockwise until it clicks.
- Install the headlight assembly's lock by using the tabs as guides while inserting it, then turn it clockwise to lock.
- You may repeat steps 2-8 if you want to replace the parking bulb on the other side.
- Please turn on your parking light to test it.
You are done.
How to open a Volkswagen Jetta Hood?
- If you are outside the vehicle, open the driver's side door.
- Find the hood release lever below the dash, near the left footrest.
- Pull the lever, and you will hear the hood latch releasing.
- Release the hood from outside the vehicle; you may accomplish this by going outside the vehicle towards the hood, looking for an orange or red lever between the hood and grill gap, and pulling it up.
- You can now open the hood by hand.
- Find the hood support and attach it to a slot on the hood to prevent the hood from falling on your head while working.
- You can now safely work under the hood.
What should I check if my Jetta's park light is not working?
- Just like any other electric light, your Jetta park light is secured by a fuse. At the first sign of parking light failure, you should check the fuse.