In this guide, you will learn how to replace the door mirror on a Mazda 5 vans. This guide applies to Mazda5 cars made from 2010 until 2018.
Whether your side mirror got broken during an accident or the glass itself is broken, replacing the side mirror is easy.
Instructions on how to replace side mirror are the same for both the driver and passenger doors. Door panel removal is not required to replace the side view mirror on a Mazda5.
- Park your Mazda 5 and set parking brakes.
- Open the driver or passenger door depending on which side mirror you are replacing.
- Remove the plastic triangle by prying it out with a flat head screwdriver or trim removal tool. Be careful to not scratch the paint.
- Unplug the electrical connector. Press the small clip with a flat screwdriver then separate the two connectors by pulling them apart.
- Remove three 10mm bolts that hold the side mirror. Hold the side mirror so it doesn't fall to the ground.
- Remove the side view mirror from the door of your Mazda5. Install new mirror in reverse order.
- Tighten the bolts by hand. Don't overtighten these bolts or you will damage the threads on the side mirror.
- Reconnect the electrical connector.