Skip to main content
What you will need
- Park the vehicle in a safe area and remove the key from the ignition. Set the parking brakes.
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard.
- Locate the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Disconnect the positive battery terminal last.
- Remove the bracket that holds the battery in place.
- Remove the old battery and place the new battery in the battery tray.
- Reinstall the battery bracket.
- Clean the battery terminals using a battery terminal brush.
- Connect the positive battery terminal first.
- Connect the negative battery terminal last.
- Spray battery terminal protects to prevent corrosion and improve the connection at the terminals.
- 2012–2015 (North America)
- 2012–2016 (Asia-Pacific)
- 2012–2017 (Europe)
- 2014–2017 (estate)