Skip to main content
What you will need
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and locate the hood latch at the front of the vehicle.
- Slide the tab to the left to unlock the hood latch then pull the hood up.
- Set the hood rod to secure the hood. The hood rod is attached to the vehicle's hood.
- Locate the air filter housing on the driver's side of the engine compartment, near the brake fluid reservoir.
- Unlock the metal clips on the air filter housing by pulling them out.
- Pull the outside air filter housing away from the main housing to detach the tabs attached to it.
- Pull the whole air intake and outer air filter housing up and out from the vehicle.
- Inside the outer air filter housing pull the air filter out to remove it.
- Clean the air filter housing by removing the dirt and debris using a car vacuum.
- Place the new air filter to the outer air filter housing and make sure that it is in its proper orientation.
- Line up the air filter housing and air intake hose back to the vehicle.
- Then press the metal clips to lock the air filter housing in place.
- Lower the hood and make sure it latches properly. Start the engine and make sure the engine runs properly.