It is important to follow the proper procedure when jump-starting a BMW.
A Nissan Sentra is jump-started by connecting to the jump terminals in the engine bay.
Do not connect the jump box or jumper cables directly to the battery.
What you will need
- Remove the metal blade from your key fob by sliding the tab behind the keyfob and pulling the key out.
- Insert the key into the door lock cylinder and twist it to the right to unlock tcylinder and twist it to the right to unlock the door.
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and unlock the hood latch on the vehicle's front. Then pull the hood up and secure it open using the hood strut/prop.
- Locate the terminals in the driver's side of the engine bay designed to jump-start your Nissan Sentra. You will notice a RED plastic cover with the + symbol on top of the positive terminal.
- Connect the red (positive) jumper cable to the positive terminal.
- Connect the black (negative) jumper cable to the ground terminal on the vehicle frame.
- Get inside the car, turn on the ignition but start the engine. This will allow modules to power up. Wait 10 seconds, then try to start the engine.
If all you hear is a click, check the jump starter clamps are making good contact. Ensure the jump box is fully charged.
The battery in the car may be completely discharged. Keep the jumper cables connected for at least 15 minutes, then try again.