Skip to main content
- Open the driver's door and pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Locate the hood latch on the left of the driver's side headlight assembly.
- Push the tab and pull it up to unlock the hood latch.
- Pull the hood up.
- Pull the hood strut out located on the bumper support bracket.
- Attach the hood strut to the hood to set the hood in place.
- If the hood doesn't release it can be because the cable is broken or the hood latch is misaligned.
- If you are opening the hood on the side of the road, make sure to turn on the hazard lights.
- Always turn off the engine, place the shifter in Park, and set the parking brakes.