Skip to main content
What you will need
- Remove the cover on the back part of the map light by pulling it out.
- Press the map light compartment to open it.
- Locate the clips inside the map light assembly.
- Push the clips to pop out the map light. Use a flat screwdriver or a pick tool to easily push the clips inside.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the map light by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Install the new dome light by connecting the electrical connector.
- Line up the map light and press it in until it snaps into place.
- Line up the cover on the back part and push it in to set it into place.
Replace Rear Dome Light
- Locate the dome light on the back.
- Pop-out the front part of the dome light using a prying tool.
- Slide the dome light towards the front to fully remove it.
- Disconnect the electrical connector by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Connect the new/replacement dome light.
- Line up the back part of the dome first.
- Push the front part of the dome light to lock it into place.
- Test the new map light and dome light by switching them on.
- Do not touch light bulbs with bare hands as that can shorten the life of the light bulb.
- Installing LED bulbs:
- If you are upgrading to LED light bulbs, and the bulb doesn't turn on when you install it simply remove the LED bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it.
- Certain vehicles may trigger a fault message stating faulty or burned light bulb when the original bulb has been upgraded to LED. If that is the case, use halogen bulb or get an Error Free LED bulb.