What you will need
- Open the hood. Pull on the hood release under the dashboard to release the hood.
- Locate the burned-out daytime running light. Left and right headlights use the same light bulb.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the daytime running light.
- Twist the light bulb to remove it, as shown in the video.
- Install the new light bulb and make sure it is tight and secure in place.
- Reconnect the electrical connector.
Changing the daytime running light on a Mazda 3 is easy.