2015-2020 W205 Mercedes-Benz Tail Light Replacement
Step by step instructions on how to change the rear tail light assembly on Mercedes-Benz C-Class W205.
This guide applies to vehicles such as C300, C400 C63 AMG model years 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020.
These instructions on how to replace C Class W205 tail light assembly apply to both left and right tail light.
On Mercedes-Benz C Class with LED tail lights, it is not possible to replace individual lights.
Which means that if your brake light is out, you will need to replace the whole tail light assembly.
What you will need
- W205 Left Tail Light - 205 906 20 02 - Driver Side
- W205 Right Tail Light - 205 906 1802 - Passenger Side
- 8mm deep socket
- Park your Mercedes-Benz C class and set the parking brakes.
- Open the trunk. Pull out the liner on the side where you are removing the tail light.
- Remove the 8 mm bolts using a deep socket.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the tail light.
- Remove the tail light and install a new one in reverse order.
- Connect the wire harness. Reinstall the lining and test to make sure the tail lights are working properly on your C Class.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.