Skip to main content
What you will need
- Open the hatch by pressing the push-button switch just above the license plate light.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts on the inner edge of the outer tail light assembly by turning them counterclockwise using a 10mm nut driver.
- Pull the outer tail light assembly from the vehicle. Move the tail light towards the back. Remove the tail light with care or it may break.
- Locate the socket of the brake light behind the outer tail light assembly.
- Twist the brake light socket 90° counterclockwise and pull it out to remove it from the outer tail light assembly.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket by pulling it out.
- Line up the new light bulb to the socket and press it in to set it into place.
- Insert the socket back into the outer tail light assembly and twist it 90° clockwise to lock it in position.
- Line up the outer tail light assembly back to the vehicle and reinstall its 10mm bolts by turning them clockwise using the 10mm nut driver.
- Check the new light bulb operation by pressing the brake pedal.
- Do not touch light bulbs with bare hands as that can shorten the life of the light bulb.
- Installing LED bulbs:
- If you are upgrading to LED light bulbs, and the bulb doesn't turn on when you install it simply remove the LED bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it.
- Certain vehicles may trigger a fault message stating faulty or burned light bulb when the original bulb has been upgraded to LED. If that is the case, use halogen bulb or get an Error Free LED bulb.