Skip to main content
What you will need
- Remove the license plate lamp from the vehicle by prying the left side of the lamp using a flathead screwdriver.
- Twist the lamp counterclockwise and pull it out from the socket to remove it.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket by pulling it out.
- Line up the new light bulb to the socket and press it in to set it into place.
- Insert the socket back into the lamp and twist it clockwise to set it into the lock position.
- Line up the right side of the license plate lamp to the vehicle then push the license plate lamp until it snaps into place.
- Do not touch light bulbs with bare hands as that can shorten the life of the light bulb.
- Installing LED bulbs:
- If you are upgrading to LED light bulbs, and the bulb doesn't turn on when you install it simply remove the LED bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it.
- Certain vehicles may trigger a fault message stating faulty or burned light bulb when the original bulb has been upgraded to LED. If that is the case, use halogen bulb or get an Error Free LED bulb.