Skip to main content
What you will need
- Open the hatch by pressing the push-button switch located above the license plate.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts on the inner edge of the outer tail light assembly by turning them counterclockwise using a 10mm nut driver.
- Pull the outer tail light assembly from the vehicle. Be careful as the tail lights are fragile and the clips can break easily.
- Twist the socket for the turn signal light 90° counterclockwise and pull it out to remove it from the outer tail light assembly.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket by pulling it out.
- Line up the new light bulb to the socket and press it in until it snaps into place.
- Line up the socket back to the outer tail light assembly and twist it 90° clockwise to lock it in.
- Place the outer tail light assembly back to the vehicle and push it in to set it into place.
- Reinstall the two 10mm bolts on the inner edge of the outer tail light assembly.
- Check the new light bulb by switching the turn signal/blinker light on.
- Do not touch light bulbs with bare hands as that can shorten the life of the light bulb.
- Installing LED bulbs:
- If you are upgrading to LED light bulbs, and the bulb doesn't turn on when you install it simply remove the LED bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it.
- Certain vehicles may trigger a fault message stating faulty or burned light bulb when the original bulb has been upgraded to LED. If that is the case, use halogen bulb or get an Error Free LED bulb.