Skip to main content
What you will need
- Open the hatch by pressing the open switch button located just above the license plate.
- Remove the two push clips beside the door trunk latch. Use a flat screwdriver to pop out the push clips.
- Remove the screw inside the door handle on the inner panel by turning it counterclockwise using a screwdriver.
- Then once the screw is removed, pull the door handle out from the inner panel.
- Remove the inner door panel by pulling its edges out from the door trunk. Use a prying tool to easily pop out the tabs holding it.
- Locate the socket for the backup light behind the inner tail light assembly. Twist the socket 90° counterclockwise then pull it out to remove it.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket by pulling it out.
- Line up the new light to the socket and press it in to set it into place.
- Place the socket back to its original place and twist it 90° clockwise to lock it in.
- Check the new light bulb first before installing the inner door panel to make sure that the light is working.
- Line up the door panel back to the trunk door and push its edges in until it snaps into position.
- Reinstall the two push clips beside the trunk door latch.
- Reinstall the trunk handle screws.
- Do not touch light bulbs with bare hands as that can shorten the life of the light bulb.
- Installing LED bulbs:
- If you are upgrading to LED light bulbs, and the bulb doesn't turn on when you install it simply remove the LED bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it.
- Certain vehicles may trigger a fault message stating faulty or burned light bulb when the original bulb has been upgraded to LED. If that is the case, use halogen bulb or get an Error Free LED bulb.