What you will need
- Allow the engine to cool down. If you open the coolant reservoir cap while the engine is still hot, you risk getting burned by the engine coolant.
- Open Hood. Locate the hood release underneath the dashboard of your Acura. Pull the lever until you hear the Acura hood pop open.
- Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of your car.
- Lift the hood and secure it in the open position. Watch the following video if you still need help with this step.
- Locate Coolant Reservoir
- This is the location where you add an engine coolant reservoir on a 2016 Acura TSX.
- Add coolant/antifreeze to the overflow reservoir (white coolant tank). Remove the radiator cap and top off the radiator only when the engine has cooled down. If you need help with this step, watch the following video.
Recommended Acura Coolant Type
Wondering what type of coolant do Acura cars use?
The coolant that is generally used in Acura vehicles is, in most cases, Honda Type 2 engine coolant. It is backward compatible. The Acura coolant color is typically blue, not green.
Check your owner's manual or call your dealer to verify. Use Honda genuine coolant whenever possible.
If the coolant you purchase says FULL CONCENTRATE on the bottle, you will need to mix it 50/50 with distilled water.