Windshield wiper fluid keeps your windshield clean. While it seems like a minute product, the fact is that this product serves an essential purpose. Windshield wiper fluid keeps the windshield clean and free of dirt and grime, which could scratch or damage your windshield.
What you will need
- Open the driver's side door to gain access to the control panel.
- Open the frunk (hood) by tapping the hood on the touch screen dashboard control panel.
- Lift the hood to gain access to the washing fluid reservoir.
- Find the location of the reservoir. On Tesla Model 3, the windshield washer reservoir is in the front storage compartment, driver's side.
- Lift the cap.
- Fill the reservoir with windshield washer fluid up to just below the cap.
- Close the cap by pressing it down. The cap does not need to be screwed in or twisted.
- Close the hood (drunk).
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of windshield washer fluid is recommended for Tesla?
- You can use any windshield washer fluid on a Tesla. Tesla vehicles do NOT require special windshield washer fluid.
Can you just put water instead of windshield wiper fluid on a Tesla?
- Using water in place of windshield washer fluid will save money and reduce pollution. Still, it can potentially cause hundreds of dollars of damage should the system be subjected to freezing temperatures when filled with only water.
Do you need to dilute Tesla windshield washer fluid?
- Windshield washer fluid is used straight out of the bottle, no need to dilute it.
How often should you refill Tesla windshield washer fluid?
- Windshield washer fluid should be refilled every 5,000-7,000 miles or as needed.