Skip to main content
What you will need
- Unlock the vehicle and pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Go to the vehicle's front and unlock the hood latch.
- Pull the hood up and set the hood strut to hold the hood open.
- Locate the battery on the driver's side of the engine compartment.
- Loosen the 10mm bolts on the battery terminals and pull them out from the battery posts to disconnect. Disconnect the negative battery terminal first.
- Loosen the 10mm bolts on the J hooks and battery bracket.
- Detach the J hooks from the battery tray.
- Carry the battery out from the vehicle.
- Clean the battery tray using a vacuum.
- Get the new battery and place it on the battery tray.
- Reinstall the protective battery shield by sliding it into the new battery.
- Attach the J hooks on the battery tray and tighten its 10mm bolts.
- Reconnect the battery terminals and tighten the 10mm bolts. Connect the positive battery terminal first. Connect the negative battery terminal last.
- Make sure the battery terminals are on tight. If the battery terminals are loose the battery may not charge properly.
- If the battery light stays on even with a new battery installed, there is a high chance the alterator is defective.