BMW Brake Fluid Service Warning Light Reset
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to reset brake fluid level warning message.
Brake light will come on if the brake fluid level is low.
- BMW brake service reminder
- Service symbol on dash and iDrive
- Brake Fluid Service Required under Vehicle Status
How to reset BMW brake fluid warning light
The following method uses the Trip Odometer Reset button shown on the instrument cluster. It does not require any scanner or special tools.
- Turn on ignition. Insert your key into the ignition. On older BMW models turn the key two clicks. On newer models, press and hold the START button without pressing the brake pedal. All your dash lights will turn on. The engine should not be started.
- Wait a few seconds for any warning messages to clear.
- Press and hold the Odometer Reset on the instrument cluster.
- While you hold the Odo Reset button, a small triangle will display on the dash. Continue holding the Reset button until you see the Oil Symbol or Microfilter Symbol.
- Now you have entered the Service Menu. Here you can reset any BMW CBS Service Reminder. Since we are interested in how to reset BMW brake fluid warning, you press the Reset button until the brake reservoir symbol is displayed. You can also change between various item using the +/- on the cluster or Check button on steering column stalk.
- Next, press and hold the Odo Reset button for about 5 seconds. Reset? will display on the screen.
- Release the button then press and hold again. After another five seconds, the reset will be completed. The light should change from Red to Yellow. Reset? should change to OK or Reseted.
If you are not successful resetting BMW Brake Service light using the reset instructions using the steps above, we strongly recommend checking for instructions on the owners manual.
The instructions provided above will help owners of 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, X1, X3, X5 series.
Reset BMW Brake Service Reminder using Scan Tool
A BMW OBD2 scanner will allow you to reset many services and diagnose BMW problems from various modules.
RessetBMW brake service warning with Autel MaxiDAS Scanner
What tips or tricks did you use to reset your BMW brake fluid service reminder? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.