In this tutorial, we will show you how to remove the OEM BMW grill (you know that ugly chrome grill) and install a black kidney grill.
What you will need
- Open the hood of your BMW.
- Remove the weather strip by pulling it up.
- Remove the Torx bolts. You will need T-30 Torx bit set. Some models such as F30 and F31 use T27 and T25 torx bolts.
- Pull the front bumper forward and determine if there is enough room to access the back of the grill.
- If you can access the back of the grill jump to step 7.
- If you can't access the back of the grill continue with the next step.
- Remove the metal plate on top of the radiator.You will need to remove about 8 Torx bolts.
- Pull the metal plate away and place it on top of the engine. You don't need to disconnect the hood release cables.
- Access your BMW grill. Press down on three plastic tabs on top to unlock them.
- Use a flat screwdriver to unlock the side tabs of your old BMW grill.
- Unlock the bottom tabs of the grill.
- Once all the tabs are unlocked remove the old grill by pulling it forward.
- Install the new grill by pressing it in the bumper.
- Reinstall the weather strip and make sure to tighten all the bolts.