Every time you replace the cabin (a/c) air filter or also known as a micro filer, you need to reset the service light to remove the warning message on the dashboard.
It is possible to reset BMW microfilter reminder via the instrument cluster.
- Replace Microfilter message on iDrive screen
- Service vehicle Message on Dashboard
Reset via Instrument Cluster
The following videos shows how to reset BMW microfilter service via the buttons on the dashboard.
- Insert the key in the ignition and turn it to position II or until all the dash lights are on. In case of a smart key, insert it into the ignition. Press the "Engine Start/Stop" button without pressing the brake pedal.
- Wait for the service warning light to disappear.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset button on the instrument cluster.
- Wait for one of the service lights to appear. First, you should see an orange triangle after that you will see oil can or air filter symbol.
- Toggle the trip odometer reset button until you reach "Cabin Filter."
- Press and hold either the trip odometer reset button or the "BC" button at the end of the stalk to reset the interval.
- MLS will change to -31000. You have now reset BMW microfilter reset interval.
It may take a few tries before you are able to complete the reset successfully.