BMW Microfilter Service Light Reset Instructions
Every time you replace the cabin (a/c) air filter or also known as a micro filer, you need to reset the service light to remove the warning message on the dashboard.
It is possible to reset BMW microfilter reminder via the instrument cluster.
- Replace Microfilter message on iDrive screen
- Service vehicle Message on Dashboard
Things you need to know!
- You must replace cabin air filter before you reset BMW microfilter service interval.
Reset via Instrument Cluster
The following videos shows how to reset BMW microfilter service via the buttons on the dashboard.
- Insert the key in the ignition and turn it to position II or until all the dash lights are on. In case of a smart key, insert it into the ignition. Press the "Engine Start/Stop" button without pressing the brake pedal.
- Wait for the service warning light to disappear.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset button on the instrument cluster.
- Wait for one of the service lights to appear. First, you should see an orange triangle after that you will see oil can or air filter symbol.
- Toggle the trip odometer reset button until you reach "Cabin Filter."
- Press and hold either the trip odometer reset button or the "BC" button at the end of the stalk to reset the interval.
- MLS will change to -31000. You have now reset BMW microfilter reset interval.
It may take a few tries before you are able to complete the reset successfully.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.