How to diagnose the BMW ULF module
For this step, you will need a diagnostic scanner that is capable of reading, clearing, and performing tests on BMW vehicles.
What you will need
- Plugin the OBD-II scanner into the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition; don't start the engine.
- Turn on the scanner and select your BMW chassis. Next, Select the Control Units menu.
- Select the ULF Module.
- Once you enter the ULF module, you will be able to do the following.
- Read Codes from ULF Module
- Clear Codes from ULF Module
- Perform Adaptations, Activations, Test
If you are experiencing problems, a good starting point is to read fault codes from the ULF module. If any code shows PRESENT status, the problem needs to be fixed before the code can be cleared.