Skip to main content
What you will need
- Pop up the trunk. Open the driver's door and pull the trunk release on the left side of the driver's seat.
- Pull up the trunk lid.
- Remove the push clips on the trunk shield using a fastener remover or a screwdriver.
- Pull out the trunk shield to have access to the brake light.
- Locate the brake light and tail light connector on the back of the tail light assembly.
- Remove the connector by twisting it counterclockwise and pulling it out from the tail light assembly.
- Remove the light bulb by pulling it out.
- Get the new light bulb and push it into the connector.
- Line up the connector back to the tail light assembly and twist it clockwise to lock it in its place.
- Align the trunk shield back to its original orientation and reinstall its push clips.
- Do not touch light bulbs with bare hands as that can shorten the life of the light bulb.
- Installing LED bulbs:
- If you are upgrading to LED light bulbs, and the bulb doesn't turn on when you install it simply remove the LED bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it.
- Certain vehicles may trigger a fault message stating faulty or burned light bulb when the original bulb has been upgraded to LED. If that is the case, use halogen bulb or get an Error Free LED bulb.