In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the battery on any Acura keyfob.
Scroll down to watch video on how to change battery on various Acura key.
Acura Smart Key Battery Replacement
- Press tab and remove the metal key.
- Use the metal key to open the shell of your Acura keyfob.
- Use a small screwdriver to pop out the old battery.
- Press the new battery in, making sure the positive (+) side is facing you.
- Press the two parts of the keyfob together until you hear them click.
- Insert the metal key into the key fob.
Acura Keyless Remote
- Remove the metal blade key.
- Use a flat screwdriver to separate the keyfob shell.
- Locate the two batteries found inside the remote and slide them out.
- Install two new batteries. Ensure that the batteries are not installed backward.
- Close the key by pressing both of the plastic halves together.
These instructions will help owners of Acura TL, CL, RL, TSX, RDS, ILX, TLX, RLX, MDX, ZDX change the key fob battery.