How to change Alternator Hyundai Elantra 2011-16
In this tutorial, you will learn how to change Hyundai Elantra alternator. This applies to model years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 equipped with the four-cylinder engine. This guide applies to several other Hyundai and Kia models equipped with the 4 cylinder engine such as Hyundai Mistra, Creta, Kia SOul, Forte, Sportage, Optima.
What you will need
- Hyundai Elantra Alternator
You can purchase an aftermarket Hyundai Elantra alternator online. Or the OEM Hyundai alternator which we found here Genuine Hyundai 37300-2E200.
- 10mm, 12mm, 14mm
- Flathead screwdriver
- Torque wrench
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal, before you start work on the alternator.
- Disconnect the alternator electrical cables.
Unplug the electrical connector. Press on the tab and pull.
Next, remove the 12 mm bolt that secures the alternator cable.
- Loosen the two alternator bolts. There is a 12 mm and a 14 mm bolt that needs to be removed. Loosen the bolt that tightens the serpentine belt. Now, you can push the alternator down and remove the serpentine belt.
- Remove the alternator. The electrical connector should be disconnected at this point.
- Install the new alternator in reserve order.
- Tighten the alternator bolts to 20 lb-ft. Rember that you need to adjust the alternator so that the serpentine belt is tight before you torque the bolts. The alternator is the mechanism used to tighten the serpentine belt. If you start the car and hear squeaks that means that you didn't tighten the serpentine belt properly and you need to retighten the belt.
We hope that you found this tutorial helpful. If you have any questions please leave a comment below.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.