How to change Cabin Air Filter Kia / Hyundai vehicles
In this tutorial, you will learn how to change the cabin air filter on multiple Kia and Hyundai vehicles.
- Azera 12-14,
- Santa Fe 13-16,
- Santa Fe XL 13-16,
- Sonata 11-14,
- Sonata Hybrid 11-14
- Optima 11-16,
- Optima Hybrid 11-16,
- Sedona 11-16
Changing the cabin air filter is very easy and can be completed in less than 10 minutes.
What you will need
Tools: No special tools are required to change the cabin air filter.
Parts: A new cabin air filter is required. You can buy a replacement air filter online.
The interior cabin air filter is installed behind the glove box. It traps the dust or other pollutants that come into the vehicle from the outside through the heating and air conditioning system. If dust accumulates in the filter air flow from the air vents may decrease.
Instruction on how to change the cabin air filter on several Kia / Hyundai vehicles, model years: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Open the glove box.
- Remove the glove box stoppers by twisting them. Remove both glove box stoppers.
- The cabin filter has a plastic cover. Press on the tab to release and remove the cabin air filter cover/door.
- Remove the old cabin air filter by pulling it out.
- Install the new cabin air filter by pressing it in. Install the door and the two glove box stoppers.
- Replace the filter according to the Maintenance Schedule found in your owner's manual. Vehicles driven in severe conditions such as dusty, rough roads, more frequent air filter changes are required.
- Carbon cabin air filter: DHF157 97133-D4100, 97133-D4000, 97133-C2000
- Manufacturer Part Number: 97133-D4100 , 97133-C2000(USA) compatible
- CF11178, Purolator C36179, Prime Guard PCF6179 C20035C 97133-3SAA0
- 223x191x30mm ( 8.78 x 7.51 x 1.18 inch )
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.