How to change door speaker on Honda Civic
The documentation in this page will help you replace a door speaker in Honda vehicles. This guide applies to those who are looking to upgrade the speaker in their Honda or are looking to change a blown speaker.
Even though the pictures and video found here are from a 2015 Honda Civic, the instructions will help you replace the door speaker on Honda vehicles including Accord, Odyessy, CR-V, Insight and Pilot as they all use a similar setup.
If one of your Honda radio speaker diaphragm is cracked, you will notice crackling noise from the bad speaker. If your Honda speaker fails completely, you may not hear any noise at all from that particular speaker.
You need to determine which speaker is damaged. Hondas have speakers on all four doors ( some models have speakers in the dashboard as well). Listen to each speaker carefully, Sound from the bad speaker will seem to crackle, like paper being crumpled when playing music. Or the speaker may not produce any sound at all.
What you will need
- Open the door. Remove the screw that is behind the door pull. On newer models, there is a small cover that needs to be removed first to expose the screw. In some cases, the screw is behind the window switch.
- Remove the screw by the door handle. Pull out the door handle. Pry out the plastic cover. Remove the Philips screw. On some models, you will have to remove the window switch first to access the panel screw.
- Pop out the window switch using a flathead screwdriver or dash removal tool. Unplug the electrical connectors.
- Remove the plastic triangle by the side mirror. In some models, such as this 9th generation Honda Civic you do not have a plastic triangle.
- Use a flat screwdriver to pry out the door panel at the lower corners. Lift up the door panel.
- Remove the screws that secure the door speaker. Pry out the speaker and disconnect the wire harness on the back.
- Properly dispose your blown Honda speaker and install the new one in reverse order.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.