How to change front brake pads Dodge Caliber 2007-2012
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace front brake pads on Dodge Caliber model years 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012.
What you will need
- With the wheels on the ground, loosen the lug nuts but don't remove them.
- Jack up your Dodge Caliber and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel from your Dodge Caliber.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to press in the caliper piston into the caliper.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold out the brake caliper and remove the old brake pads and shims.
- Install the new brake pads. Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper. Do not apply brake grease on the brake pad surface or brake rotor.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft -lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten the lug nuts. Rember to torque the lug nuts when the vehicle has been lowered.
- Start your Dodge Caliper and pump the brake pedal a few times before starting to drive.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.