How to change front brake pads Mitsubishi Galant 2001-2011
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace front brake pads on Mitsubishi Galant model years 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011.
What you will need
- With the car in park and emergency brakes engaged, loosen the lug nuts but don't remove them.
- Jack up your Mitsubishi Galant. Secure the car with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel from the car.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to put pressure between old pad and caliper. This will press the piston into the brake caliper which is required to fit in the new brake pads.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold out the brake caliper and remove the old brake pads and shims.
- Install the new brake pads. Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper. Do not apply brake grease on the brake pad surface or brake rotor.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft -lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten the lug nuts. Rember to torque the lug nuts when the vehicle has been lowered.
- Start your engine and pump the brake pedal a few times before you start to drive.
That's it. You have successfully changed the brake pads on a Mitsubishi Galant.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.