How to change Front Brake Pads on Mitsubishi Outlander 2003-2018
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace front brake pads on Mitsubishi Outlander. Model years 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018.
What you will need
- Start by putting your Mitsubishi Outlander in park and setting the emergency brakes. Next, loosen the lug nuts but don't remove them.
- Jack up your Mitsubishi Outlander. Secure the car with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel from the car.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to put pressure between old pad and caliper. This will press the piston into the brake caliper which is required to fit in the new brake pads.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold out the brake caliper and remove the old brake pads and shims.
- Install the new brake pads. Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper. Do not apply brake grease on the brake pad surface or brake rotor.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft -lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten the lug nuts. Rember to torque the lug nuts when the vehicle has been lowered.
- Start your engine and pump the brake pedal a few times before you start to drive.
That's it. You have successfully changed front brake pads on a Mitsubishi Outlander.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.