How to change Mitsubishi Engine Oil
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the engine oil on Mitsubishi vehicles.
Instructions in this guide will help you change the engine oil on Mitsubishi Lancer, Outlander, Eclipse, Mirage, Galant.
- Drive your Mitsubishi up on car ramps.
- Place the car in Park, and apply the handbrake.
- Secure your Mitsubishi with jack stands, placed under the lifting points or a structural member.
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dash. Use the prop road to support the hood.
- If your Mitsubishi has a splash shield, remove it. It is held in place with several 10mm bolts.
- Place a drain pan directly under the oil pan.
- Locate the 17mm oil drain plug.
Remove the oil drain plug by turning it counter-clockwise.
- Locate the engine oil filter and remove it. You can use oil filter pliers or oil socket.
Install a new oil filter.
Prior to installing a new oil filter, apply a small amount of oil on the oil filter gasket ring. Get the oil filter as tight as you can by hand.Video file
- Replace the copper washer on the oil drain plug.
- When all of the oil has drained, reinstall the oil drain plug. Torque the drain plug to 35 Nm.
- Add approximately 4 litter of engine oil at the oil fill hole on top of the engine.
- Wait for several minutes before checking the oil level using a dipstick.
- Start the engine and check if the ‘oil pressure’ light goes off within five seconds.
Oil Change Interval
12000 km / 7500 miles
You may be wondering how often you need to change the engine oil on a Mitsubishi. Oil change range varies depending on the engine and oil type.
- Every 3000 miles
Semi-synthetic / Synthetic Blend
- Every 5000 miles
- Every 7500 miles
You will need at least 5 qt.
2.0 L Engine
- 4 L oil pan + 0.3 L oil filter
2.4 L Engine
- 4.3 L oil pan + 0.3 L oil filter
Check your owners manual to get the recommended oil change interval for your Mitsubishi.
- Drain bolt - 35 Nm
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.