Learn how to change the serpentine belt on Hyundai Elantra model years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
The serpentine belt is also called the drive belt, poly v-ribbed belt or accessory belt. In this Hyundai Elantra, the serpentine belt drives the alternator, A/C compressor, and water pump. We will need to loosen up the alternator bolts to remove and replace the serpentine belt.
What you will need
- Serpentine Belt / Accessory Belt
The original Hyundai belt has part number 25212-2E820, we found it online here. The best serpentine belt alternative for Hyundai Elantra is the Gates K060505 Multi V-Groove Belt. The Gates belt is cheaper and has excellent reviews online.
- Mechanic Tool Set
All that you will need to remove and replace the serpentine belt on an Elantra is a 12 mm and 14 sockets.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the two alternator bolts. There is a 12 mm and 14 mm bolt that needs to be loosened. You don't need to remove these bolts.
- Once the bolts are loosened the alternator can be pushed downwards which will loosen the serpentine belt.
- Remove the serpentine/drive belt from the pulleys.
- Install the serpentine belt in reverse order. Make sure that the belt is routed properly and that the belt is sitting correctly in all the pulleys.
This applies to Hyundai Elantra equipped with the four-cylinder engine.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.