Skip to main content
What you will need
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the vehicle's front. Unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up until the hood struts lock-in.
- Locate the steering fluid reservoir on the front of the engine compartment.
- Remove the cap of the steering fluid reservoir by turning it counterclockwise.
- Check the fluid level on the cap; an indicator on the lid will show you the liquid level. The dipstick has a range that you can use when the engine is cold marked with the letter C. There is also a range that can be used when the engine is hot marked with the letter H.
- If the level is low, add the steering fluid into the reservoir. Make sure to add the right amount and type of fluid to the steering fluid reservoir. Do not overfill past the MAX mark on the dipstick. Do not fill the reservoir to the top.
- Reinstall the cap back to the reservoir by turning it clockwise.