If your Volvo power steering fluid is low, you will notice a groaning noise which is most noticeable when you first start the car. This problem is often caused by low power steering fluid level. In this guide, you will learn how to add power steering fluid on Volvo vehicles. This applies to S60, V70, XC70, XC90, S40, V50, C30, C70, S80, XC60.
- Steering wheel hard to turn
- Whining noise
- Groaning noise
- Squealing noise when start the engine
- Noise when turning the steering wheel
How to check level add power steering fluid
Check Volvo power steering fluid level only when the engine is cooled down.
Add genuine Volvo 30741424, Power Steering Fluid
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard.
- Locate the power steering reservoir in the passenger side of the engine.The power steering reservoir has a cap with a steering wheel on top.
- Next, check the power steering level when the engine is cold. On the side of the power steering reseroir, you will see two lines and Max and Min markings.
- Add power Genuine Volvo Power Steering Fluid steering fluid to bring the level between the Min and Max mark.
Do not overfill Volvo power steering fluid reservoir to the top. The level needs to be just below the MAX line.
VOLVO Power Steering Fluid
Use the recommended power steering fluid by the manufacturer.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.