In this guide, we will show you how to check the engine oil on a Mitsubishi Outlander.
What you will need
- Clean cloth
- Park in a safe workspace.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Locate the oil dipstick at the top of the engine.
- Pull it out and wipe it off with a paper towel, so as to get a clean reading.
- Put the dipstick back in, pull it out and inspect the level.
- If it's below the top mark on the dipstick, you can top it off through the filler neck, which should be on top of the motor.
- If you need to top the oil off, check the level after you do.
DIY Cost: $0
Est. Time: 5 min
Difficulty: Very Easy