This is a DIY guide on how to check the engine oil level and add oil on Nissan Quest. Applicable to years: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017. Checking engine oil level on Nissan Quest is easy and takes only a few minutes.
If the engine oil level is low on your Nissan, add oil to bring the level to the recommended level. Below you will find the instructions on how to perform this procedure on Nissan Quest.
What you will need
Park your Nissan Quest on a level surface and apply the parking brakes. This will help you get an accurate readign when you check the engine oil level on your Quest.
Turn off engine
Turn off the engine and wait at least five minutes before you proceed to check the engine oil level on your Nissan Quest. This will allow the engine oil to return to the oil pan of your Quest.
Open the hood of your Nissan Quest
Locate oil dipstick and remove it
Locate the oil dipstick on your Quest. Remove oil dipstick from the tube. In the following picture, the oil dipstick is label as item number 10.
Determine Max/Min marks
Remove the oil dipstick. Wipe the oil off the dip stick. Note the minimum and maximum marks. Reinsert the dipstick back into the engine of your Quest.
Clean and Reinsert the dipstick
Clean the dipstick with a clean cloth. Fully reinsert the dipstick into the engine and pull it out within five seconds.
Remove Dipstick and Read Oil Level
Pull the dipstick out and check the engine oil level on your Nissan Quest. The level needs to be between the min and max mark which in the Nissan Quest dipstick are marked as H for high and L for Low. If the engine oil level is below the min mark, you need to add 0W-20 engine oil. Follow instructions as described in the next step.
Locate oil filler cap
Locate the oil filler cap. This is where you can add oil to your Nissan Quest.
Add engine oil to Nissan Quest
Add only half a quart at the time and check the level again. If the oil level is still under the MIN mark, add more oil. Don't overfill your Nissan Quest will oil above the MAX/FULL mark.
Recheck the oil level
Add 0.5-1 qt of oil at a time and recheck the oil level. Don't allow the oil to go over the MAX/FULL mark.
Oil level should be checked regularly. Operating the engine with an insufficient amount of oil or the oil light on can cause serious damage. Damage caused by negligence is very unlikely to be covered by the manufacturer warranty.
Keep in mind
- Do NOT operate your vehicle or keep the engine running if the oil warning light is on.
- Be sure the vehicle is on level ground when checking the oil level.
- If the oil level is below the LOW mark add enough oil immediately to bring the level to the high mark.
- Use a funnel to help prevent oil from being spilled on engine components.
- Do not overfill the engine with oil or allow it to go over the MAX mark.
- Always be sure to clean the area around any filler plug, drain plug, or dipstick before checking or draining any lubricant. This is especially important in dusty or sandy areas and when the vehicle is used on unpaved roads. Cleaning the plug and dipstick areas will prevent dirt and grit from entering the engine and other mechanisms that could be damaged.
- It is normal to add 0.5qt-1qt of oil between oil maintenance intervals especially in high mileage vehicles or during the break-in period.
- Some engines burn up to 1qt of oil for every 1000 miles. This is not the norm.
We hope that you found these instructions on how to check the engine oil level on a 2011-2017 Nissan Quest helpful. If you have any advice or tips that you think may help others please leave a comment.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.