What you will need
- Put the vehicle in park.
- Wait for the engine to cool down.
- Open the hood.
- Remove ignition coil electrical connectors by using a small screwdriver to unlock the connectors.
- Loosen and remove 10 mm bolts that hold ignition coils in place.
- Pull out the ignition coils.
- Remove the spark plugs using a sparkplug socket.
- Install and tighten the new sparkplugs using a sparkplug socket.
- Reinstall the ignition coils.
- Install and fasten 10mm coil retaining bolts.
- Reconnect electrical connectors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the lifespan of Ford Focus sparkplugs?
- It is recommended to replace sparkplugs every 100,000 miles.
Is it necessary to re-gap the sparkplugs before installation?
- Most sparkplugs are pre-gapped, however, it is recommended to check the gap against the manufacturer's specification before installation.
How to adjust the gap of a sparkplug?
- You can adjust the gap of a sparkplug by using a feeler gauge and a plier. You have to measure the gap while adjusting it using a plier.