Skip to main content
What you will need
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and unlock the hood latch on the vehicle's front. Then pull the hood up and set the hood strut to hold the hood. If you need help with this step, follow these procedures for opening the hood.
- Locate the oil cap and dipstick in the middle of the engine compartment.
- Pull the dipstick out and wipe it clean.
- Insert the dipstick back into the engine.
- Pull the dipstick out again and check the oil level on the tip of the dipstick. The two dots indicates the maximum and minimum.
- To add engine oil, open the oil cap by turning it counterclockwise.
- Pour the engine oil recommended by the vehicle's manufacturer. In most cases 5W20 or 5W-30 full synthetic. Use a funnel to prevent the oil from spilling.
- Place the oil cap back and turn it clockwise to tighten.
- Recheck the oil level by repeating procedures 3-5 again.