What you will need
- Locate the indent on the metal key side of the key fob and place the small flat screwdriver in there.
- Remove the back cover by using the flat screwdriver to pop the cover out.
- Remove the cover by pulling it out from the key fob.
- Remove the battery by using a pick tool to pull the battery out.
- Slide the new battery towards the top of the key fob.
- Push the battery in to set it into place.
- Line up the back cover of the key fob and push it until it snaps into place.
- Test the new battery by pressing the buttons on the key fob.
That's it. Replacing the battery in your Ford Fusion key fob is easy.