A Ford vehicle may trigger fault code P0108 which means Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure High. This code is activated by the ECM when it receives a signal from the MAP/BARO sensor circuit indicating it is operating outside the normal range.
What you will need
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver's seat.
- Connect the OBD-II Scanner to the OBD-II port located under the dashboard just above the hood release.
- Turn the ignition switch to the accessories position.
- Go to the Diagnostic Menu on the scanner and select read codes.
- Press enter on the stored codes and the scanner will show P0108 Code - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High.
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard. Release the hood at the latch right above the driver's headlight.
- Locate the manifold pressure sensor on the lower right side of the intake manifold.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the sensor by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 20mm bolt on the sensor using a 20mm socket wrench.
- Pull the manifold pressure sensor out of the vehicle.
- Place the new manifold pressure sensor and reinstall the 20mm bolt.
- Reconnect the electrical connector of the sensor.
- Go back to the driver's seat.
- Go to the diagnostic menu again and select erase codes.
- Erase the stored codes on the scanner by pressing enter.
- Start the vehicle and check if the check engine light is still on.