- Park your Honda Civic on level ground. Make sure the wheels are pointing straight forward. Set the parking brakes.
- Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Wait for fifteen minutes.
- Remove the access panel on the bottom of the steering wheel and disconnect the airbag wires.
- Loosen the airbag bolts on the side of the steering wheel.
- Remove the airbag from the steering wheel. Handle the airbag with care.
- Remove the bolt on the center of the steering wheel with a breaker bar. Have a helper keep the steering wheel in place as you loosen the center bolt.
- Reinstall the new Honda airbag and steering wheel in reverse order.
Steering angle calibration may need to be carried. Use a Honda Scanner to calibrate the steering angle sensor.