What you will need
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver's seat.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Go to the vehicle's front and unlock the hood latch.
- Pull the hood up and put a rod or a block to hold the hood. Or have a friend hold the hood open while you replace the hood struts.
- Remove the hood strut from the hood and car frame. Insert a flat screwdriver into the tab and use the screwdriver to pull out the mount from the ball joint.
- Get the new hood strut.
- Line up the tab on the car frame and push the hood strut to lock in the tab into the car frame.
- Line up the tab on the hood and push the hood strut to lock the tab into the hood.
Repeat it for the other hood strut. That's it. Now you don't have to worry that your Toyota Camry hood closes or drops on you as soon as you open the hood.