We will guide you thru the steps in replacing the turn signal, brake, and park light on the 2011-2015 Hyundai Sonata.
Replacing light bulbs on a Hyundai Sonata is easy and takes about 20 min.
What you will need
- Hyundai Light Bulbs
- Open the trunk.
- Remove taillight panel cover.
- Remove parking light socket by turning counter-clockwise a bit then pull.
- Remove the parking light bulb by simply pulling it.
- Prepare the new parking bulb.
- Insert the new parking bulb into the socket then push it in.
- Install the parking light socket into the tail light assembly by pushing it in, while aligning the tabs, then turning it counterclockwise.
- Remove brake light and tail combination socket by turning it clockwise a bit then pull it out. Please note that the bulb used in this has 2 filaments; one is used for tail light and the other is for the brake light.
- To remove the combination bulb from the socket, press the bulb then turn, then you can pull it out.
- Prepare the new combination bulb.
- Install the new combination bulb into the socket by pressing it into the socket and turning a bit.
- Install combination socket into tail light assembly by inserting it and turning it a bit. Be sure to align the mark to the bottom of the assembly.
- Remove the turn signal light socket by turning then pulling it.
- Remove turn signal bulb by turning a bit then pulling it.
- Prepare the new turn signal bulb.
- Install the new turn signal bulb by aligning the tabs then pushing it into the socket then turning it in.
- Install turn signal socket by pushing it in the tail light assembly, aligning 3 tabs, then slightly turning it.
- Reinstall panel cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are taillights always on?
- Taillights turn on with the headlights.