- Pull out the metal key. Press on the small release tab shown in the picture below.
- The metal blade key can be used to manually open the driver's door or the trunk in case of an emergency. One example would be if your Infiniti car battery dies, and you need to figure out how to get inside.
- Separate the key housing. Look at the backside of the Infiniti key. Use a plastic wedge, a metal key blade, or a small flat screwdriver to separate the key housing.
- Remove the old battery and install the new one. Remove the old battery and install the new CR2025 battery—note the battery orientation. Make sure the negative side of the battery is facing you.
I keep on accidentally pressing the panic or open trunk button on my Nissan keyfob.
If you have owned an Infiniti with the key fob remote shown in this tutorial, you may find yourself accidentally pressing the buttons. If that is the case, add a Key Fob Shell Protector can greatly reduce the chances of the buttons being pressed.
How do I start my Infiniti Car if the Keyless Fob Battery is Dead?
You will need to insert the key fob in the slot designated for manual starting, then press the START button. The emergency start slot is located next to the steering column.
If your Infiniti doesn't have a slot designed to insert the key, simply press the START button with the keyfob.
Why can't I start my Infinity by pressing the Start button?
You press the brake press the start button. Nothing happens. Infiniti didn't even crank. If your push button is not starting the car, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Check main car battery.
- Check key fewer fob batteries are in good condition.
- Faulty brake switch. If you are sure the car and key fob batteries are in good condition, next, you should check the brake switch.
How do I start my car if the Infitiy key battery is dead?
If the car does not start, the RKE transmitter (Key Fob) may have a low or dead battery. To start the car, try this: Put the nose side of the Key Fob against the ENGINE START/STOP button and push to operate the ignition switch.
How can I protect my worn Infinity key fob remote?
You may want to consider adding a cover to protect your remote. The covers can protect the buttons and the key fob remote itself. Our recommendation would be to use Silicone Key Fob Cover for Infiniti to protect the keyless remote. A cover will better protect the key from water in case you accidentally drop the key.